Sunday 17 March 2013

Bob 2 Training "2 Panniers & 1 Rack Pack"

A lite load?
2 Avenir panniers and 1 Karrimor Rack Pack
Karrimor Rack Pack contains one Vango Tempest 200 tent, and a tent carpet (4.2kg).
Daily commute Avenir contains tools, spare tubes, cycle pumps,3in1 oil, waterproofs (4.2kg).
Other Avenir contains my kitchen so to speak, water, stove, meths (fuel for the stove),juice, tea/coffee/sugar, cooking pots and pans & fire starter (3.8kg).
Total weight 12.2 kg

The afternoon is bright but cold and there is still snow in the air ...
A short journey around a small corner of the Ribble Valley ..


I made it to Wiswell, I did like the flag pole!

Still plenty of snow on Pendle hill.

I think the snow covered top in the distance is Waddington fell? 
I kept to "Route 91" that way you get a cycle path to help you cross the A59.
(better to be safe than sorry?)


I made it to Clitheroe

The dreaded hill (Whalley -> York)

 Has spring finaly sprung?








Stats for the journey ...
Distance .. my computer 17.8miles.

Max height : 658
Min height : 153

Max speed : 29.4 mph
Average : 10.4

Time 1hr 43min




(cycling time does not include taking photos & having a brew at Mother and Fathers).

No comments:

Post a Comment