Saturday 30 March 2013

Bob 4 Training “Through the Nick”.

On a sunny but cold Good Friday afternoon I ventured out to conquer the Nick of Pendle.

If you turn right at Pendleton onto “Route 91” and continue to the road junction you are faced with a decision you can either turn left in the direction of Clitheroe our alternatively right in the direction of Sabden, this road takes you through the “Nick of Pendle”.

My records show that on the 27th August I attempted this road for the first time and on approaching the first cattle grid I turned around as the road was to steep ;-)
I was only carrying 5kgs on the that day unlike today I had two rear panniers totalling 8.2kgs.


I made it to the ski slope this time.

You can see the road in the distance there was a further climb in order to reach the top ;-(

The view from the top :-)

















I continued my journey to Sabden, then onto Whalley then the dreaded hill up to York.


Stats for the complete journey are as follows ...

Distance .. my computer advised  20 miles.





Max height :  969ft
Min height :  153ft

Max speed :   39.8mph
Average :      10.5

Time 1hr 55min 

No comments:

Post a Comment