Sunday 9 June 2013

Bob 13 Training “The last post pre Skye”

The full route …
Whalley - > Wiswell > Pendleton -> Worston ->Downham ->  Chatburn -> West Bradford ->  Waddington -> Edisford Bridge ->    Gt Mitton ->  Whalley -> York -> Home

It did seem a little apt that my last training trip pre Skye was my normal training route on a lovely day but this time I did take a little de tour as I had discovered a new road for me which linked Waddington with Edisford Bridge at Clitheroe. I therefore decided to head for Edisford and have my lunch there.



One of the high lights of todays trip was being chased by three young lads on their mountain bikes up Goldacre Lane. I had earlier made my way down old Nab Lane from York at which I had first passed them as they had made their way up Whalley nab. I went in front until one of them passed me at Piccards farm. I made a comment that I should be sharing my load of approx 24kgs with him and his mates and he just smiled and pushed on, the other two could not be seen. The tortoise and the hare yet again, its easier to keep going when you have something to chase? I made it to the top of Goldacre and when I turned the corner the young lad was sat catching his breath. He said “I can’t believe you have just done that” my response was to advise “I have been trying to do that since the beginning of the year!”

Have I (we) done enough training for Skye? Time will tell.

Stats for this journey.

Weight carried :            24kgs (Just the sleeping bag and 2 sleeping mats to be packed)

Max speed :                 27.5 mph
Average :                      9.7 mph
           
Time 2hr 58min

Miles travelled 29 miles

Average miles travelled over the last 5 weeks equals 75 miles per week.

Average miles travelled over the last 5 weeks prior to the 2012 Trip equalled 57 miles per week.

No comments:

Post a Comment