Sunday 9 June 2013

Full kit is heavy. 09 june 2013

This post is done using the phone so please excuse spelling. Pictures are at the end.

Well today was the last full training ride.
I have put together all my kit and worked how to best balance it all out around the bike.
I took a picture of the bike before leaving
Today the weather is fantastic. Morning was cloudy and cool (11 degC). By the afternoon the sun was out and the temp was rising quickly.
The destination today was the forth road bridge and rail bridge.
Part of the route takes you along an old railway. The flies and midges were bad so I got out my new invention..... A mozy net with the closed end cut off so I could were it over my nose and mouth. Works really well.
I got to the   Forth road bridge in good time. I cycled all the way over and back. On the way I met a chap that had cycled round skye last year. The gent was kind enough to tell me that the roads on skye are not to bad and the gradients were not to bad, so the out look for the route looks good.
I stopped at the harbour between the tow bridges. There is a small bit of beach out of the wind. The wind realy brought a chill.
I fired up the stove and did myself a cup of hot chocolate. Bobby had advised me to ony heat a cup full and a wee bit extra for washing up. The kettle was boiled in no time. After the break I tidied up and headed for home.
The ride back passed quick enough and I decided to add a bit extra and took in the curie kirk hill and the reservoir

The hills were steep enough but with all the kit they became really tough.
On the last 10 miles were in full sun and my arms are now a bit sun burned.

Stats
Distance: 36 miles
Avg speed: 10 mph
Max speed: 33 (shame it was in the first 2 miles)
Weight: 27kg (jing it was hard on the hills)
Total time: 4hrs 30mins.
Wine gum count: 3 yum yum


Well we will be in skye by this time next week.
Realy looking forward to it. Hope the weather treats us good :0)

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment