Friday 5 April 2013

Bob 6 Training “Test the rig & climb that hill”.

Test the rig

Wednesday the 3rd April was a lovely day I spent the morning servicing the Dawes and then testing the rig in the afternoon with a short spin down the Ribble Valley.

The top dry bag contains my tent: Vango Tempest 200 3kg
(Transporting the tent in this fashion should ensure that it’s the first thing off the bike and the last thing on it).
The Karrimor Rack Pack below will contain two sleeping mats (lesson learnt from last year, total thickness both matts equals 2inches approx) and a tent carpet, picnic rug for added insulation. 3kg
Avenir Pannier (left)  contains my kitchen. 4.5kg
Avenir Pannier (right)  contains my tools and waterproofs. 4kg

Total weight this journey 14.5kg.

I left home and did one of my regular runs and just enjoyed the journey, I finally found myself in Downham at which point I parked myself for a rest and a brew.




Stats for the journey are as follows ...

Distance .. my computer advised  20.5 miles.


Max height : 524.6ft
Min height :  206.7ft

Max speed :   28 mph
Average :      10.5

Time 1hr 56min   

Climb that Hill

With the majority of my training routes running around the foot Pendle hill I thought it was about time to see the view from the top. On Thursday the 4th April my Father, my daughter Lilly and one of her friends made the trip to the top.

It was a bright sunny day at the foot of the hill by the time we made it to the top there was a very strong freezing easterly wind, the sun was still shining but it was very, very cold.

A few photos below of this trip …


The road to the top.

Brian, Robert & Meg (the dog) half way to the top.
Not a bad view ?

Proof that we did all make it !

No comments:

Post a Comment