Monday 8 April 2013

Bob 7 Training “Test the rig (Part 2)”

Test the rig (Part 2)

Sunday the 7th April brought a lovely sunny morning, another opportunity to take the Dawes down the Ribble Valley.


Looks better with it’s back mudguard back on?


Karrimor Handle bar bag 2.5kg
The top dry bag contains my tent: Vango Tempest 200 3kg
(Transporting the tent in this fashion should ensure that it’s the first thing off the bike and the last thing on it).
The Karrimor Rack Pack below contains will contain two sleeping mats (lesson learnt from last year, total thickness both matts equals 2 3/4 inches) and a tent carpet, picnic rug for added insulation. 3kg
Avenir Pannier (left)  contains my kitchen. 5kg
Avenir Pannier (right)  contains my tools and waterproofs. 4kg

Total weight this journey 17.5kg.

Journey details ..
Home -> Whalley - > Wiswell > Pendleton -> Worston ->Downham ->  Chatburn -> West Bradford ->  Waddington -> Bashall Barn ->    Gt Mitton ->  Whalley -> York -> Home



Stats for the journey are as follows ...

Distance .. my computer advised  28.5 miles.

Max height : 658ft
Min height :  142ft

Max speed :   26 mph
Average :      9.7

Time 2hr 45min   
 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rob and Al, Great to see the efforts you are putting in. Makes me realise I'm too old for climbing hills on my bike, and they're all around me here in Rossendale. Rob, I noted Al's challenge to you to travel to the coast - maybe you could travel to the 'shore (Helmshore) and we would make you a brew! Good luck to you both in your quest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eandf – Thank you for your kind comments, please see my last post “Follow the river and you will find the sea”. With 66 days to go I need to keep Al on his toes so to speak. You never know I may end up in your area one day at which point I will pop in for that brew. Thanks again Robert

    ReplyDelete