Monday 29 April 2013

AL Gets a Tent :0)


I have finally bit the bullet and bought a tent for the trip.

I hummed and ha’ed for a while and did way to much research. I think I was becoming a bit os a bore if the trip came up in conversation and I would launch in to stats on different types of tents.
I read a lot of reviews and quickly came to the conclusion that when a manufacturer says a lightweight test is for 2 people then it will be snug for one person. So I started looking at lightweight 2 man tents.
I slowly (very slowly) narrowed it down to the following two
Vango Banshee 200  (£87 on Amazon)
 Coleman Cobra 2 (£69 on Amazon)


Then I saw the light…. The Coleman was cheaper and larger inside. Problem solved.

So I had a look on Ebay and would you believe it someone was selling a Coleman Cobra 3 (The three man version). Used once and still with Tags so I thought I would take a punt.

Well I won the bidding war (well not really a war, more of a last min bit) and got the tent for £75. Bargain as it should have been £120.

I put it up on Sunday and it was very quick and easy. Video below. It took 15 mins and it is a good size inside. Recon I will get the inflatable mattress in and all my kit. If there are problems then I am confident it can take the two of us and our kit.

Coleman Cobra 3


The tent is just short of 3Kg so it is nice and light
Only two problems….
       1.  When packed in its bag it is quite a lose bag. Will try and wrap it tighter to reduce its size.

       2. It stinks of Fish…. I have given it a VERY good wash and this appears to have removed the smell but will see when it dries out and I put it up again. I think it may have been put away wet or maybe the last owner used it once on a fishing trip.

Here is the video of me putting the tent up.




AL

No comments:

Post a Comment