Friday 12 April 2013

Follow the river and you will find the sea?

The Route following the River Ribble

Well Mr T’s throwing down yet another gauntlet please see his last post which starts “Well the aim of the ride today was to reach the sea. Recon that will be a challenge for Bobby to replicate ;0)”

What did we ever do before Google maps?

It does at first seem a journey to far, but then if I get to the sea I will see one of these …

Mr T will not see one of these?  ;-)

I have routed the first part of the journey as follows ..

Home -> Spice Lounge (via Rishton or Blackburn Old Rd  -> Ramsgreave -> Mellor -> Osbaldeston -> Balderstone -> Cycle route (*as per the map on the Lancashire County Council site) around the bottom of Preston and  finishing at the Penwortham bridge.

For the second part of the journey you continue onto Lytham St Anne’s.

The complete journey looks something like this …

 

 
OUT


BACK


A complete journey of 56 miles on mainly flat roads, it could be done?

Whilst I have other commitments this weekend I will hopefully attempt the first part of the journey next Sunday (21st April) with Gary. I will then hopeful go for the full journey on the 28th April, I could get to the sea before Mr T?

*  http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/corporate/web/?siteid=3732&pageid=28100&e=e


No comments:

Post a Comment