Sunday 12 May 2013

Bob 11 Training “What a week”

I started the week doing a similar trip to the one I had done on the 20th March.

Rishton -> Spice Lounge -> York -> Whalley -> Mitton -> Bashall Eves -> Cow Ark -> Whitwell -> Dunsop Bridge -> Trough of Bowland -> Dunsop Bridge -> Whitwell -> Cow Ark -> Bashall Eves -> Gt Mitton -> Whalley -> Home

Unlike the previous one my journey today was not to venture over Waddington Fell but to venture down the Trough of Bowland. Bank Holiday Monday the 6th May was a beautiful day and with my bike rigged with my rear panniers, tent and bar bag I made good progress. My intention was to make it to the sandwich van which serves the visitors to the Trough of Bowland on the Dunsop Bridge to Lancaster Road. I would not unlike other visitors buy my lunch but would cook my home made soup on my Trangia stove at this point.

Red Pump Inn

View from the Cow Arc to Whitewell Road, I think it's Dunsop Bridge in the Valley


The Dawes made it this far this time.

The sandwich van in the Trough Of Bowland


Relax, cook diner, try not to get to sun burnt and enjoy !



Overall this was one of my best journeys this year to date, hopefully the weather will be like this on Skye, time will tell.

On the way back home a visit to probably the best Ice Cream shop in the Ribble Valley. 
Stats for this journey.

Weight carried :            16 Kgs
Max speed :                 30.5 mph
Average :                     10.2 mph
           
Time 3hr 43min
Miles travelled 38.25 miles

Saturday Routine Maintenance

What started out as a simple clean and re-lube ended up being a complete overall.


In need of a clean?


This looks better.

I did not anticipate that I would need to re grease the cones on both the front and rear wheels, adjust my brakes and re-tighten the spokes on both wheels, any how job done, hopefully ready for another 500 miles?

Sunday

Rain, rain and more b****y rain.

With not much time left to Skye and with not being able to get out on my bike Saturday I went out and did 28 miles in the rain. From today’s trip I have established that I do need some water repellent to spray on my pannier covers and I also need to add my Altura jacket to my kit list along with my other red waterproof jacket.

Whalley - > Wiswell > Pendleton -> Worston ->Downham ->  Chatburn -> West Bradford ->  Waddington -> Bashall Eaves ->    Gt Mitton ->  Whalley -> Home


my feet got wet today !!

Weight carried :            11.6 Kgs
Max speed :                 31.8 mph
Average :                      10.4 mph


Total miles for the week …
Monday           38
Tuesday           9
Wednesday      9
Thursday          9
Friday              9
Sunday             28

Total =  102 miles for the week (getting there slowly)

Total time 9hrs 13mins, average 12mph

No comments:

Post a Comment