Saturday 4 May 2013

Bob Kit – Check the kit Part2 The Tools

Following my earlier post “Bob 8 Training “The training ride that never happened”” I did realise I needed to review and update my tools before I undertake any further long trips.

Tools @ 04/05/13
Having successfully done this you will note I am now carrying the following …

  • Two spare tubes
  • Screwdriver with a full bit set
  • 2x10mm ring spanners + 1x12mm ring spanner
  • Large & Small adjustable spanners
  • Crank Puller
  • Spoke key
  • Link Splitter
  • Leatherman and a small set of pliers (ideal for pulling thorns out of tyres)
  • 2 spare gear wires & 1spare break cable (all stainless steel)
  • Spare links for a 9 speed system
  • Lock and cable (Al this is the one you gave me last year)
  • Oil cloth
  • 1 tin of 3in1 oil and 1 tin of WD40
  • plastic and steel tyre levers (I think I am carrying enough J )
  • Full set of alan keys
  • Puncture repair kit  
  • 3 spare spokes &
  • 1 Saint Christopher
If anybody thinks I may have missed anything please pass comment on the blog
Thank You Robert

Tools packed




No comments:

Post a Comment